- Ph.D., Oklahoma State University, 1984
- M.A., Teaxas A&M University, 1977
- B.S., Texas A&M University, 1975
- Bioenergy Market Analysis
- Dairy Economics
- International Trade and Policy
- Agricultural Marketing
- Herndon, C.W. 2014. How dairy influenced and was influenced by the Farm Bill. Hoard's Dairyman 159(9):344.
- Herndon, C.W. 2013. Milk price discovery, a victim of sequestration. Hoard's Dairyman 158(9):334.
- Herndon, C.W. 2013. Step up, be flexible, and have fun: Relevance and roles of agricultural economists. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics 45(3):361-365. Download
- Petrolia, D.R., S. Bhattacharjee, M.D. Hudson, C.W. Herndon. 2010. Do Americans want ethanol? A comparative contingent valuation study of willingness-to-pay for E-10 and E-85. Energy Economics 32:121-128. Download
- Herndon, C.W. 2008. The ethanolization of agriculture and the roles of agricultural economists. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics 40(2):403-414. Download